- Amlodipine Besilate–Olmesartan Medoxomil
- Bisoprolol Fumarate
- Isosorbide Dinitrate
- Isosorbide Dinitrate–Hydralazine
- Isosorbide Mononitrate
- Perindopril Erbumine
- Tadalafil Xtenda
- Generic drugs are chemically identical to brand-name drugs in terms of active ingredient(s), intended use, quality, dosage, safety, bioavailability and effectiveness.
- Generic drugs are cheaper than brand-name drugs.
What is Generic for Aceon Plus* used for?
Generic for Aceon Plus* (Perindopril–Indapamide) is an anti-hypertensive medicine used to treat high blood pressure (hypertension). This drug is a combination of 2 medications: 'Perindopril' and 'Indapamide'.
Perindopril belongs to the class of drugs known as angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors. By relaxing the blood vessels, Perindopril helps blood to flow more easily, thus enabling the heart to pump blood more efficiently throughout the body.
Indapamide is a type of medicine called diuretic (water pill), which works by getting rid of extra salt and water. This effect helps relax the blood vessels, thereby controlling blood pressure. Lowering high blood pressure helps in preventing kidney problems, heart attacks and strokes.
Generic for Aceon Plus* may also be used to treat other conditions as determined by your doctor.
What is the recommended dosage of Generic for Aceon Plus*?
The dosage of Generic for Aceon Plus* may vary based on the patient's age, gender, body weight, medical condition and response to treatment. Always follow your physician's instructions and/or the directions on the prescription drug label.
What if you miss a dose of Generic for Aceon Plus*?
If your physician has instructed or directed you to take Generic for Aceon Plus* medication in a regular schedule and you have missed a dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not double the doses to catch up for the missed dose.
What if you overdose on Generic for Aceon Plus*?
Any medication taken in excess can have serious consequences. If you suspect an overdose of Generic for Aceon Plus*, seek medical attention immediately.
Overdose symptoms of Generic for Aceon Plus* may include
- severe dizziness
- low sodium/potassium levels.
What other drug(s) could interact with Generic for Aceon Plus*?
- Amphotericin B injection
- Erythromycin injection
It may be noted that drugs other than those listed above may also interact with Generic for Aceon Plus*. Make sure to inform your doctor if you are taking any of the above-mentioned drugs.
Generic for Aceon Plus* can interact with the following types of medicines:
- other high blood pressure medicines;
- psychiatric medicines;
- anti-arrhythmics (medicines for abnormal heartbeats);
- non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs;
- Torsades de Pointes-inducing drugs;
- potassium-sparing diuretics;
- potassium-lowering drugs;
- angiotensin II receptor antagonists;
- gold injections;
- calcium salts;
- diabetes medicines.
Usually drug interactions may occur when certain drugs are taken together. Before you take a medication for a particular ailment, you should inform the health expert about intake of any prescription medications, over-the-counter products (non-prescription medications) and dietary supplements like vitamins, minerals and herbals, which may increase the effect of Generic for Aceon Plus*. This information can help your doctor to warn you of any possible drug interactions.
Do let your doctor know if you smoke, consume alcohol or caffeinated drinks, or use illegal drugs as these may interfere with the action of your medication. It is also important to tell your healthcare professional if you have any medical conditions or a family history of any medical problems. Do not start or stop using any medicine without consulting your doctor.
What are the possible side effects of Generic for Aceon Plus*?
Like other medicines, Generic for Aceon Plus* can cause some side effects. If they do occur, the side effects of Generic for Aceon Plus* are most likely to be minor and temporary. However, some may be serious and may require the individual to inform the doctor or visit the nearest hospital immediately.
It is pertinent to note that side effects of Generic for Aceon Plus* cannot be anticipated. If any side effects of Generic for Aceon Plus* develop or change in intensity, the doctor should be informed as soon as possible.
Generic for Aceon Plus* can cause the following side effects:
- abdominal pain
- dry cough
- dry mouth
- loss of appetite/taste
- high/low potassium blood levels.
This may not be a complete list of all side effects of Generic for Aceon Plus*. Do concur with your doctor and follow his directions completely when you are taking Generic for Aceon Plus*.
What are the questions to ask your doctor before taking Generic for Aceon Plus*?
Is it possible for me to take Generic for Aceon Plus* with other drugs?
Should certain beverages, foods and other products be avoided when I take Generic for Aceon Plus*?
What are the possible drug interactions of Generic for Aceon Plus*?
How will Generic for Aceon Plus* work in my body?
How should Generic for Aceon Plus* be taken?
How to reduce the risk of Generic for Aceon Plus* drug interactions and side effects?
What other important information should you know about Generic for Aceon Plus*?
Before taking Generic for Aceon Plus*, make sure to tell your doctor if you
- have low/high blood potassium levels;
- have kidney disease;
- have liver disease;
- have diabetes;
- have or have had a history of gout;
- have a history of angioedema;
- suffer from vomiting or diarrhea;
- are on dialysis;
- are pregnant, plan to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding.
- Generic for Aceon Plus* may cause dizziness/drowsiness. Do not drive, operate machinery, or do any activities that require alertness until you are certain you can perform such tasks safely.
- Also, let your doctor know if you are allergic to Generic for Aceon Plus* or a sulfa drug (sulfonamide), or if you have ever had an allergic reaction to any other medicines.
- Generic for Aceon Plus* may make you more sensitive to the sun. Avoid direct exposure to sunlight. Use a sunscreen or wear protective clothing if you must go out in the sun.
- Avoid alcohol while on treatment with Generic for Aceon Plus*.
- Avoid becoming pregnant when taking Generic for Aceon Plus* tablets.
The health and medical information provided here is intended to supplement and not substitute for the expertise and judgment of your physician, pharmacists or other health care professional. It should not be understood to indicate that the use of Generic for Aceon Plus* is safe, appropriate or effective for you. Always consult your health care professional before using this, or any other, drug.