- Acetylsalicylic Acid
- Azelastine Nasal Spray
- Halobetasol Propionate
- Ipratropium Bromide–Albuterol/Salbutamol
- Ketorolac Tromethamine
- Loteprednol Etabonate
- Mefenamic Acid
- Sodium Chloride
- Sodium Cromoglycate/Cromolyn
- Generic drugs are chemically identical to brand-name drugs in terms of active ingredient(s), intended use, quality, dosage, safety, bioavailability and effectiveness.
- Generic drugs are cheaper than brand-name drugs.
What is Generic for Dymista* used for?
Generic for Dymista* (Azelastine–Fluticasone) is an intranasal spray indicated for the treatment of symptoms of seasonal allergic rhinitis (hay fever), such as runny/itchy nose, sneezing and congestion. Generic for Dymista* nasal spray is a combination of an antihistamine drug (Azelastine) and a corticosteroid drug (Fluticasone).
Azelastine works by preventing the effects of certain natural substances in the body called histamine that are responsible for causing allergic symptoms. Fluticasone works by decreasing inflammation in the nasal passages.
Generic for Dymista* nasal spray is recommended for use in adults and children who are at least 12 years old. This medicine may also be used to treat other conditions as determined by your doctor.
What is the recommended dosage of Generic for Dymista*?
The dosage of Generic for Dymista* may vary based on the patient's age, gender, body weight, medical condition and response to treatment. Always follow your physician's instructions and/or the directions on the prescription drug label.
Generic for Dymista* nasal spray is intended for nasal use only.
To use Generic for Dymista* nasal spray:
- Shake the container of Generic for Dymista* nasal spray gently just before each use.
- Before using the Generic for Dymista* nasal spray for the first time, prime the spray pump by releasing 6 test sprays in the air (away from your body), or until you notice a fine mist.
- Blow your nose thoroughly before using the spray. Then tilt your head forward slightly, while closing the opposite nostril with your finger. Insert the tip of the nozzle into one nostril, release 1 spray and breathe in gently.
- Follow the same steps as above and spray the other nostril.
- Be sure not to blow your nose after using the spray.
- Make sure to thoroughly clean the nozzle tip of the spray with a clean, dry cloth after each use.
- Remember: If the Generic for Dymista* nasal spray has not been used for 14 days or more in a row, prime the spray once prior to use.
What if you miss a dose of Generic for Dymista*?
If your physician has instructed or directed you to use Generic for Dymista* medication in a regular schedule and you have missed a dose of this medicine, use it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not double the doses to catch up for the missed dose.
What if you overdose on Generic for Dymista*?
Any medication used in excess can have serious consequences. If you suspect an overdose of Generic for Dymista*, seek medical attention immediately.
Overdose symptoms of Generic for Dymista* may include
- thinning skin
What other drug(s) could interact with Generic for Dymista*?
It may be noted that drugs other than those listed above may also interact with Generic for Dymista*. Make sure to inform your doctor if you are taking any of the above-mentioned drugs.
Generic for Dymista* can interact with the following 'types' of medicines/products:
- other antihistamine medications;
- HIV medications;
- heart/blood pressure medications;
- hepatitis C medications;
- azole antifungals;
- sleep medications;
- depression/anxiety medications;
- narcotic pain relievers.
Usually drug interactions may occur when certain drugs are taken together. Before you use a medication for a particular ailment, you should inform the health expert about the use of any prescription medications, over-the-counter products (non-prescription medications) and dietary supplements like vitamins, minerals and herbals, which may increase the effect of Generic for Dymista*. This information can help your doctor to warn you of any possible drug interactions.
Do let your doctor know if you smoke, consume alcohol or caffeinated drinks, or use illegal drugs as these may interfere with the action of your medication. It is also important to tell your healthcare professional if you have any medical conditions or a family history of any medical problems. Do not start or stop using any medicine without consulting your doctor.
What are the possible side effects of Generic for Dymista*?
Like other medicines, Generic for Dymista* can cause some side effects. If they do occur, the side effects of Generic for Dymista* are most likely to be minor and temporary. However, some may be serious and may require the individual to inform the doctor or visit the nearest hospital immediately.
It is pertinent to note that side effects of Generic for Dymista* cannot be anticipated. If any side effects of Generic for Dymista* develop or change in intensity, the doctor should be informed as soon as possible.
Generic for Dymista* can cause the following side effects:
- mild nosebleed
- change in taste
- nasal irritation/dryness
This may not be a complete list of all side effects of Generic for Dymista*. Do concur with your doctor and follow his directions completely when you are using Generic for Dymista*.
What are the questions to ask your doctor before using Generic for Dymista*?
Is it possible for me to use Generic for Dymista* with other drugs?
Should certain beverages, foods and other products be avoided when I use Generic for Dymista*?
What are the possible drug interactions of Generic for Dymista*?
How will Generic for Dymista* work in my body?
How should Generic for Dymista* be used?
How to reduce the risk of Generic for Dymista* drug interactions and side effects?
What other important information should you know about Generic for Dymista*?
Before using Generic for Dymista* nasal spray, make sure to tell your doctor if you
- have had recent nasal surgery or nasal injury;
- have ulcers or sores inside your nose;
- suffer from severe liver disease;
- have diabetes;
- have cataract or glaucoma;
- have active/inactive tuberculosis, or herpes infection of the eye;
- have any other infections such as chicken pox or measles;
- are pregnant, plan to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding.
- Generic for Dymista* may cause dizziness/drowsiness. Do not drive, operate machinery, or do any activities that require alertness until you are certain you can perform such tasks safely.
- Also, let your doctor know if you are allergic to Generic for Dymista*, or if you have ever had an allergic reaction to any other medicines.
- Avoid alcoholic beverages while on treatment with Generic for Dymista*.
- Avoid contact with people who are sick or have infections.
Note: Take care to avoid getting this medicine in your eyes or mouth. In case of contact with eyes, rinse it off immediately with a plenty of water for at least 10 minutes and call your doctor right away.
The health and medical information provided here is intended to supplement and not substitute for the expertise and judgment of your physician, pharmacists or other health care professional. It should not be understood to indicate that the use of Generic for Dymista* is safe, appropriate or effective for you. Always consult your health care professional before using this, or any other, drug.