- Sodium Valproate
- Sodium Valproate–Valproic Acid
- Generic drugs are chemically identical to brand-name drugs in terms of active ingredient(s), intended use, quality, dosage, safety, bioavailability and effectiveness.
- Generic drugs are cheaper than brand-name drugs.
What is Generic for Epilim Chrono used for?
Generic for Epilim Chrono is an anti-epileptic drug used to treat different types of epilepsy (including generalized and partial epilepsy) and seizures. Generic for Epilim Chrono has also been used as a mood stabilizer to treat acute manic episodes associated with bipolar disorder (manic-depressive disorder). Generic for Epilim Chrono may also be prescribed for the prevention of migraine headache.
Generic for Epilim Chrono is a combination medication that contains 2 drugs: Sodium Valproate and Valproic Acid, both of which belong to a class of medications called anticonvulsants or anti-epileptic agents.
Epilepsy is a condition characterized by sporadic electrical storms in the brain commonly known as seizures (fits). Sodium Valproate stabilizes the abnormal electrical activity in the brain, while Valproic Acid works by increasing the amount of a certain natural chemical in the brain. These actions of Generic for Epilim Chrono can help reduce the occurrence of seizures.
Generic for Epilim Chrono may also be used to treat other conditions as determined by your doctor.
What is the recommended dosage of Generic for Epilim Chrono?
The dosage of Generic for Epilim Chrono may vary based on the patient’s age, sex, body weight, medical condition and response to treatment. Always follow your physician’s instructions and/or the directions on the prescription drug label.
To avoid missing doses, take Generic for Epilim Chrono tablets at the same time each day.
How should you take Generic for Epilim Chrono?
Take Generic for Epilim Chrono tablets with a full glass of water, preferably after food.
What if you miss a dose of Generic for Epilim Chrono?
If your physician has instructed or directed you to take Generic for Epilim Chrono medication in a regular schedule and you have missed a dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not double the doses to catch up for the missed dose.
What if you overdose on Generic for Epilim Chrono?
Any medication taken in excess can have serious consequences. If you suspect an overdose of Generic for Epilim Chrono, seek medical attention immediately.
Overdose symptoms of Generic for Epilim Chrono may include
- loss of consciousness
- irregular heartbeat
What other drug(s) could interact with Generic for Epilim Chrono?
The following drugs may interact with Generic for Epilim Chrono:
It may be noted that drugs other than those listed above may also interact with Generic for Epilim Chrono. Make sure to inform your doctor if you are taking any of the above-mentioned drugs.
Generic for Epilim Chrono can interact with the following ‘types’ of medicines/products:
- other anti-epileptic medicines
- certain antibiotics
- certain antidepressants
- antiviral medicines
- neuroleptic agents
- sleep medicines
- stomach medicines
- cholesterol-lowering medicines
- antimalarial medicines
Usually drug interactions may occur when certain drugs are taken together. Before you take a medication for a particular ailment, you should inform the health expert about the intake of any prescription medications, over-the-counter products (non-prescription medications) and dietary supplements like vitamins, minerals and herbals, which may increase the effect of Generic for Epilim Chrono. This information can help your doctor to warn you of any possible drug interactions.
Do let your doctor know if you smoke, consume alcohol or caffeinated drinks, or use illegal drugs as these may interfere with the action of your medication. It is also important to tell your healthcare professional if you have any medical conditions or a family history of any medical problems. Do not start or stop using any medicine without consulting your doctor.
What are the possible side effects of Generic for Epilim Chrono?
As with other medications, Generic for Epilim Chrono can cause some unwanted side effects, along with the desired therapeutic effect. If they do occur, the side effects of Generic for Epilim Chrono are most likely to be minor and temporary. However, some may be serious and may require the individual to inform the doctor or visit the nearest hospital immediately.
It is pertinent to note that side effects of Generic for Epilim Chrono cannot be anticipated. It should also be noted that not everyone using Generic for Epilim Chrono will experience the side effects stated below. The occurrence of side effects may vary for each person depending on his/her age, sex, weight, dose, treatment duration, state of the disease, and overall health.
Generic for Epilim Chrono can cause the following side effects:
- stomach pain
- weight gain
- transient hair loss
- irregular menstrual periods
- shakiness (tremor)
- changes in appetite
- ringing in the ears
- behavioral changes
This may not be a complete list of all side effects of Generic for Epilim Chrono. If any side effects of Generic for Epilim Chrono develop or change in intensity, inform your doctor as soon as possible. Do concur with your doctor and follow his directions completely when you are taking Generic for Epilim Chrono.
What are the questions to ask your doctor before taking Generic for Epilim Chrono?
- Will Generic for Epilim Chrono interact with other drugs I take?
- Should certain beverages, foods and other products be avoided when I take Generic for Epilim Chrono?
- Are there any other drugs that would interact with Generic for Epilim Chrono?
- What side effects can I expect from taking Generic for Epilim Chrono?
- How to reduce the risk of Generic for Epilim Chrono drug interactions and side effects?
- How often will I have to take Generic for Epilim Chrono?
- For how long should I take Generic for Epilim Chrono?
- When and how should Generic for Epilim Chrono be taken?
- How will Generic for Epilim Chrono work in my body?
What should you tell your doctor before using Generic for Epilim Chrono?
Before taking Generic for Epilim Chrono, make sure to tell your doctor if you
- have liver problems;
- have kidney problems;
- suffer from mental illness;
- suffer from urea cycle disorders;
- have systemic lupus erythematosus (also called lupus);
- suffer from porphyria (a rare inherited blood disorder);
- have bleeding problems;
- suffer from Alpers–Huttenlocher syndrome;
- have HIV infection;
- have cytomegalovirus (CMV) infection;
- plan to have surgery;
- are pregnant, plan to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding.
Also, let your doctor know if you are allergic to Generic for Epilim Chrono, or if you have ever had an allergic reaction to any other medicines.
What other important information should you know about Generic for Epilim Chrono?
- Generic for Epilim Chrono may cause dizziness/drowsiness. Do not drive, operate machinery, or do any activities that require alertness until you are certain you can perform such tasks safely.
- Before having any laboratory tests, make sure to inform your doctor and the laboratory personnel that you are taking Generic for Epilim Chrono.
- Avoid alcoholic beverages while on treatment with Generic for Epilim Chrono.
The health and medical information provided here is intended to supplement and not substitute for the expertise and judgment of your physician, pharmacists or other health care professional. It should not be understood to indicate that the use of Generic for Epilim Chrono is safe, appropriate or effective for you. Always consult your health care professional before using this, or any other, drug.