• Adrian Simpson, United States says, "If you are looking for a fair deal on medical supplies, IDM is something I would seriously recommend. Am hooked for life."
  • Craig, United States says, "Seemed easy to purchase, reasonable prices. Good customer service when I used it."
  • Brian Pavey, United States says, "IDM makes online shopping a pleasure. Shopping is so simple that you just breeze through it."
  • Harry Mason, United States says, "I have to admit am a bit of a lazy bloke when it comes to ordering online .And IDM pampers me to the hit as it's so simple to order."
  • John Hanks, United States says, "I was a sceptic until my first order. After, I received my first package, I turned believer. Now, it’s been 3 years since I have been ordering from IDM."
  • Natalie Wallace, United States says, "I was apprehensive about how my doubts would be addressed but what the heck,I went ahead and placed my order. Customer service was patient and helped me out."
  • Mark Penning, United States says, "Happy I got my package just in time for my vacation. Needless to say, it made my holiday a wonderfully satisfying experience."
  • Ask our pharmacist, if you have any questions related to your medications
    Click to find International Shipping charges at our pharmacy.
    Shop & Earn @ InternationalDrugMart
    Easy and secure shopping @ InternationalDrugMart.com.
    Get your instant Coupon now!
    You can find the latest happening of our pharmacy
    Follow us on Twitter

      US FDA finds online sales of many Canadian drugs originating from India, Israel, Costa Rica

      Posted AtPharmaBiz

      The United States Food and Drugs Administration (US FDA) has found that nearly half of the imported drugs the US FDA intercepted from four selected countries including India were shipped to fill online orders that consumers believed they were placing with Canadian pharmacies.

      The US FDA has stated that of the drugs being promoted as 'Canadian' 85 per cent actually came from 27 countries around the globe. A number of these products also were found to be counterfeit.

      The US FDA operations were carried out in three major US airports where all mail parcels suspected of containing pharmaceuticals sent from four countries - India, Israel, Costa Rica, and Vanuatu were examined. Out of nearly 4,000 parcels examined, almost 1,700 or about 43 per cent had been ordered from 'Canadian' internet pharmacies and were represented as being of Canadian origin, the US FDA has stated.

      Only 15 per cent of the Canadian drugs in the parcels examined actually originated from Canada. The remaining 85 per cent were manufactured in 27 different countries. In addition to having been falsely promoted as being of Canadian origin, many of these drugs were not adequately labelled in English to help assure safe and effective use, noted the US FDA.

      The US FDA has warned of appropriate action to keep the counterfeit products out of the US drug supply and pursue actions against those responsible for attempting to defraud the American public.

      "This operation suggests that drugs ordered from so-called 'Canadian' internet sites are not drugs of known safety and efficacy," said Dr. Andrew von Eschenbach, acting commissioner, US FDA.

      These results make clear there are internet sites that claim to be Canadian that, in fact, are peddling drugs of dubious origin, safety, and efficacy. These 'bait and switch' tactics-offering patients one thing and then providing the other are misleading patients and are potentially harmful to the public health, the US FDA stated.

      December 20, 2005


       

      Share this Article!

    Back to top^