- Amoxicillin-Clavulanate 250Mg/125Mg
- Amoxicillin-Clavulanate 500Mg/125Mg
- Ampicillin 250Mg
- Ampicillin 500Mg
- Azithromycin 250Mg
- Azithromycin 500Mg
- Azithromycin Kidtab 100Mg Dt
- Cefaclor 250Mg
- Cefaclor 500Mg
- Cefaclor Cd 750Mg
- Cefaclor C.D. 375Mg
- Cefdinir 300Mg
- Chloramphenicol 250Mg
- Ciprofloxacin 0.3%. Ophth. Drops. 5Ml
- Ciprofloxacin 250Mg
- Ciprofloxacin 500Mg
- Ciprofloxacin 750Mg
- Clindamycin 150Mg
- Clindamycin 1% Gel 15G
- Clindamycin 1% Gel 20G
- Clindamycin 1% Topical Solution 25Ml
- Clindamycin 300Mg
- Doxycycline Hyclate 100Mg
- Metronidazole 200Mg Oral Suspension 60Ml
- Metronidazole 200Mg
- Metronidazole Gel
- Metronidazole 400Mg
- Minocycline 100Mg
- Minocycline 50Mg
- Mupirocin 2% Ointment 5Gms
- Nitrofurantoin 100Mg
- Nitrofurantoin 50Mg
- Ofloxacin–Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose
- Penicillin G Potassium 400Mg
- Roxithromycin 150Mg
- Roxithromycin 300Mg
- Sulfamethoxazole-Trimethoprim 800-160Mg
- Sulphacetamide/Sulfacetamide 10% Eye Drops 10Ml
- Sulphacetamide/Sulfacetamide 20% Eye Drops 10Ml
- Tetracycline 250Mg
- Tetracycline 500Mg
What is Cefadroxil used for?
Cefadroxil is prescribed to treat a wide variety of bacterial infections, such as skin infections, urinary tract infections, nose infections, and strep throat. This medication is a cephalosporin-type antibiotic, which works by stopping the growth of bacteria in your body. This medicine may also be used to treat other conditions as determined by your doctor.
What is the recommended dosage of Cefadroxil?
The dosage of Cefadroxil prescribed to each patient will vary. Always follow your physician’s instructions and/or the directions on the prescription drug label.
Cefadroxil can be taken with or without food.
What if you miss a dose of Cefadroxil?
If your physician has instructed or directed you to take Cefadroxil medication in a regular schedule and you have missed a dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not double the doses unless otherwise directed.
What if you overdose on Cefadroxil?
Any medication taken in excess can have serious consequences. If you suspect an overdose of Cefadroxil, seek medical attention immediately.
What other drugs could interact with Cefadroxil?
It may be noted that drugs other than those listed above may also interact with Cefadroxil.
Usually drug interactions occur when it is taken with another drug or with food. Before you take a medication for a particular ailment, you should inform the health expert about intake of any other medications including non-prescription medications, over-the-counter medicines that may increase the effect of Cefadroxil, and dietary supplements like vitamins, minerals and herbal, so that the doctor can warn you of any possible drug interactions.
Cefadroxil can interact with other antibiotics and birth control pills.
Do let your doctor know if you smoke, consume alcohol or caffeinated drinks, or use illegal drugs as these may interfere with the action of your medication. Make sure to inform your doctor of any medical conditions you may have, or any family history of medical problems. Do not start or stop using any medicine without consulting your doctor.
What are the side effects of Cefadroxil?
Like other medicines, Cefadroxil can cause some side effects. If they do occur, the side effects of Cefadroxil are most likely to be minor and temporary. However, some may be serious and may require the individual to inform the doctor or visit the nearest hospital immediately.
It is pertinent to note that side effects of Cefadroxil cannot be anticipated. If any side effects of Cefadroxil develop or change in intensity, the doctor should be informed as soon as possible.
Cefadroxil can cause side effects such as diarrhea, vomiting, nausea, stomach pain, and skin rash. This is not a complete list of all side effects. Do concur with your doctor and follow his directions completely when you are taking Cefadroxil.
Explain Cefadroxil and Alcohol Interaction?
An interaction between Cefadroxil and alcohol has not been proved yet. Still, avoid consumption of alcohol while one might consume this Cefadroxil over the counter drug as it might be a good idea. Alcohol can lower the body's ability to fight your UTI. Hence, it is important to talk to the doctor, who knows about all of your medical history.
- Cefadroxil medicine is an antibiotic that is super-effective at relieving my tonsillitis. I suffered from severe tonsillitis once every year or two and this medication helped me in eliminating the inflammation and fever within a couple of days!
- This medicine was prescribed for sinus infection and ear issues after a bout of the flu. I had a headache for a time and some muscle aches. No worrisome like GI problems. Sinus infection is well cleared up and ear issues so it was effective.
- Amputated is a portion of my ring finger four days ago. Doctor prescribed this to keep the bacteria in the body at complete bay. No side effects at all so far.
- I was prescribed 500 mg dosage medicine Cefadroxil twice daily for 10 days. Very easy to consume, and I had no side effects. Only issue is that it didn't work for me. I am now on other medicine
- I use cefadroxil for acne, it cleared up my skin very nicely and didn’t take long to see outcomes. The medicine is a little big for my liking hence I put 3 stars for that and it can make you nauseous but after the outcome, it is not to bad at all.
Where can I buy Cefadroxil over the counter?
One cannot just buy the medicine cefadroxil online or get Cefadroxil over the counter in the United States from a pharmacy as it is a medication which needs a prescription before it can be dispensed. Cefadroxil without prescription is well a restriction, the first step for getting a cefadroxil over the counter while consulting a licensed medical provider.
Can I buy Cefadroxil without a prescription?
Cefadroxil is a medicine that is available only with the doctor's prescription. This product is available in the dosage and prescribed by the doctor as per the medical assistance. Cefadroxil without prescription is not available and should be consulted to doctor before consumption.
What are the questions to ask your doctor before taking Cefadroxil?
Is it possible for me to take Cefadroxil with other drugs?
Should certain beverages, foods and other products be avoided when I take Cefadroxil?
What are the possible drug interactions of Cefadroxil?
How will Cefadroxil work in my body?
How should Cefadroxil be taken?
How to reduce the risk of Cefadroxil drug interactions and side effects?
The health and medical information provided here is intended to supplement and not substitute for the expertise and judgment of your physician, pharmacists or other health care professional. Before using Cefadroxil, tell your doctor if you are allergic to penicillin or cephalosporins, or if you have bleeding problems, intestine problems, and kidney disease. Also, tell your doctor if you are pregnant, plan to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding.