- Amoxicillin 125Mg
- Amoxicillin 250Mg
- Amoxicillin 500Mg
- Amoxicillin-Clavulanate 250Mg/125Mg
- Amoxicillin-Clavulanate 500Mg/125Mg
- Ampicillin 250Mg
- Ampicillin 500Mg
- Azelaic Acid 20% Cream 15Gms
- Azithromycin 250Mg
- Azithromycin 500Mg
- Azithromycin Kidtab 100Mg Dt
- Benzoyl Peroxide 2.5% Gel 20Gms
- Benzoyl Peroxide 4% Cream 20Gms
- Benzoyl Peroxide 4% Creamy Wash 50Gms
- Benzoyl Peroxide 5% Gel 20Gms
- Cefaclor 500Mg
- Cefaclor Cd 750Mg
- Cefaclor C.D. 375Mg
- Cefdinir 300Mg
- Cefixime 100Mg
- Cefixime 200Mg
- Cefixime 400Mg
- Cefpodoxime 100Mg
- Cefpodoxime 200Mg
- Cefuroxime 125Mg
- Cefuroxime 250Mg
- Cefuroxime 500Mg
- Chloramphenicol 250Mg
- Ciprofloxacin 0.3%. Ophth. Drops. 5Ml
- Ciprofloxacin 250Mg
- Ciprofloxacin 500Mg
- Ciprofloxacin 750Mg
- Ciprofloxacin–Tinidazole 250Mg–300Mg
- Ciprofloxacin–Tinidazole 500Mg–600Mg
- Clarithromycin 250Mg
- Clarithromycin 500Mg
- Clindamycin 150Mg
- Clindamycin 1% Gel 15G
- Clindamycin 1% Gel 20G
- Clindamycin 1% Topical Solution 25Ml
- Clindamycin 300Mg
- Doxycycline Hyclate 100Mg
- Metronidazole 200Mg Oral Suspension 60Ml
- Metronidazole 200Mg
- Metronidazole Gel
- Metronidazole 400Mg
- Minocycline 100Mg
- Minocycline 50Mg
- Moxifloxacin 0.5% Eye Drops 5Ml
- Moxifloxacin 400Mg
- Mupirocin 2% Ointment 5Gms
- Nadifloxacin 1% Cream 10Gms
- Nitrofurantoin 100Mg
- Nitrofurantoin 50Mg
- Norfloxacin 400Mg
- Ofloxacin 0.3% Eye Drops 5Ml
- Ofloxacin 100Mg
- Ofloxacin 200Mg
- Ofloxacin 300Mg
- Ofloxacin 400Mg
- Ofloxacin 600Mg
- Ofloxacin 800Mg
- Ofloxacin–Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose
- Penicillin G Potassium 400Mg
- Pyrazinamide 1000Mg (Pza)
- Pyrazinamide 250Mg (Pza)
- Pyrazinamide 500Mg (Pza)
- Pyrazinamide 750Mg (Pza)
- Rifaximin 200Mg
- Rifaximin 400Mg
- Roxithromycin 150Mg
- Roxithromycin 300Mg
- Secnidazole 1000Mg
- Sulfamethoxazole-Trimethoprim 800-160Mg
- Sulphacetamide/Sulfacetamide 10% Eye Drops 10Ml
- Sulphacetamide/Sulfacetamide 20% Eye Drops 10Ml
- Tetracycline 250Mg
- Tetracycline 500Mg
- Tobramycin 0.3% Ophth. Soln. 5Ml
- Tretinoin-Clindamycin 0.025%-1% Gel 15Gm
- Z-Clinz 5
What does Erythromycin treat?
Erythromycin is an antibiotic and fights various bacterial infections. This belongs to the macrolide class of medicines and is prescribed for a wide range of conditions such as upper and lower respiratory tract infections, acute pelvic inflammatory disease, skin infections and others. Your physician may use this to treat other ailments based on their discretion.
Follow the Erythromycin dosage prescribed by your physician. The dosage could vary based on individual patient requirements. Always follow your physician’s instructions or go by the directions on the prescription drug label. Make sure you have it with a whole glass of water.
Missed a dose?
Take it immediately once you remember. In case, this time falls close to the next dosage, skip it and get back to the prescribed schedule. Never take a double dose unless your physician specifically directs you to do so.
Don’t waste any time and seek immediate medical attention.
Drug interactions must be considered before starting to take any kind of drug. Drug interactions might happen either when Erythromycin is taken along with another drug or with particular foods. To prevent any kind of negative interaction, make sure you inform your doctor of any drugs you are taking including non-prescription medication, OTCs, health supplements like vitamins, minerals, herbal medicine, drinks with caffeine and alcohol, illegal drugs, smoking habits and so on which may increase the effect of Erythromycin.
It may interact with:
It may also interact with other antibiotics, live bacterial vaccines and certain anti-seizure medicines. This is not an exhaustive list though.
Appraise your doctor of any medical conditions that you are suffering from and your family history of medical ailments. It’s important that you do not stop or start taking any medicine without the consent of your physician.
Possible Side Effects
Erythromycin might have some side effects but it’s not possible to anticipate them. It does not have any major side effects and the minor ones that may occur are temporary. In rare cases, there might be major side effects and immediate medical attention must be sought.
Some of the side effects could be nausea, stomach pain, loss of appetite, vomiting, headache, diarrhea and skin rash. This is not the complete list though.
In case, there is a change in intensity of side effects or if any new side effects develop, make sure you consult your doctor.
How often should I take Erythromycin for acne?
Erythromycin alternative skin solution for acne (Zineryt) is to be used twice daily, in the morning and the evening. Apply it to all of the affected area of skin, not just to any particular individual spots. You might also need to use the solution for approx. 10 to 12 weeks before one might notice the full benefit.
Where can I buy Erythromycin over the counter?
Erythromycin without prescription is not possible as you might need a prescription to buy erythromycin. All antibiotic eye medications shall need a prescription from a provider.
Can I buy Erythromycin without a prescription?
Erythromycin over the counter medicine belongs to the class of solution called macrolide antibiotics or Erythromycin alternative. It also works by killing bacteria or further by preventing their growth. This solution is available only with the doctor's prescription.
What to ask your doctor before you start on Erythromycin
- Can I take Erythromycin along with other drugs?
- Are there certain foods, beverages and products to be avoided while on Erythromycin?
- What is the dosage of Erythromycin to be consumed?
- How should I use Erythromycin?
- How will Erythromycin work on my body?
- How can the drug interactions and side effects of Erythromycin be minimized or completely avoided?
The health and medical information that we have provided are meant to supplement and not substitute the advice of your physician, pharmacists or other health care professionals. This does not suggest that usage of Erythromycin is safe, appropriate or effective for you. Always ensure that you take this or any other drug only after consulting your physician.