- Amiodarone 100Mg
- Amiodarone 200Mg
- Amlodipine–Metoprolol 2.5Mg–25Mg
- Amlodipine–Metoprolol 5Mg–50Mg
- Aspirin 150Mg
- Aspirin 75Mg
- Atorvastatin–Aspirin 10Mg–150Mg
- Atorvastatin–Aspirin 10Mg–75Mg
- Candesartan 4Mg
- Cilostazol 100Mg
- Cilostazol 50Mg
- Clopidogrel 150Mg
- Clopidogrel 75Mg
- Digoxin 0.25Mg
- Diltiazem 30Mg
- Diltiazem 60Mg
- Diltiazem Cd 120Mg
- Diltiazem Cd 180Mg
- Diltiazem Cd 90Mg
- Enalapril 10Mg
- Enalapril 2.5Mg
- Enalapril 5Mg
- Isosorbide Dinitrate–Hydralazine
- Isosorbide Mononitrate
- Metolazone 2.5Mg
- Metolazone 5Mg
- Metoprolol–Olmesartan 25Mg–20Mg
- Metoprolol–Olmesartan 50Mg–20Mg
- Nebivolol 10Mg
- Nebivolol 2.5Mg
- Nebivolol 5Mg
- Nifedipine 10Mg
- Nifedipine 5Mg
- Nifedipine-Atenolol 20Mg-50Mg
- Nifedipine Cd Retard 30Mg
- Nifedipine Retard 20Mg
- Nitroglycerin 2.6Mg
- Nitroglycerin 6.4Mg
- Olmesartan-Hydrochlorothiazide 20-12.5Mg
- Olmesartan-Hydrochlorothiazide 40-12.5Mg
- Perindopril Erbumine 2Mg
- Perindopril Erbumine 4Mg
- Perindopril Erbumine 8Mg
- Perindopril–Indapamide 4Mg–1.25Mg
- Prazosin 1Mg
- Quinapril-Hydrochlorothiazide 10-12.5Mg
- Quinapril-Hydrochlorothiazide 20-12.5Mg
- Ramipril 1.25Mg
- Ramipril 10Mg
- Ramipril 2.5Mg
- Ramipril 5Mg
- Ranolazine 500Mg
- Sotalol 40Mg
- Telmisartan 20Mg
- Telmisartan 40Mg
- Telmisartan 80Mg
- Telmisartan-Hydrochlorothiazide 40-12.5Mg
- Telmisartan-Hydrochlorothiazide 80-12.5Mg
- Torsemide 100Mg
- Torsemide 10Mg
- Torsemide 20Mg
What does Isosorbide Dinitrate treat?
Isosorbide Dinitrate belongs to the class of nitrates. This medication is prescribed to prevent angina (chest pain). This works by relaxing and widening the blood vessels that facilitates the easy flow of blood to the heart. Your physician may use this to treat other ailments based on their discretion.
Follow the Isosorbide Dinitrate dosage prescribed by your physician. The dosage could vary based on individual patient requirements. Always follow your physician’s instructions or go by the directions on the prescription drug label.
Missed a dose?
Take it immediately once you remember. In case, this time falls close to the next dosage, skip it and get back to the prescribed schedule. Never take a double dose unless your physician specifically directs you to do so.
Don’t waste any time and seek immediate medical attention.
Drug interactions must be considered before starting to take any kind of drug. Drug interactions might happen either when Isosorbide Dinitrate is taken along with another drug or with particular foods. To prevent any kind of negative interaction, make sure you inform your doctor of any drugs you are taking including non-prescription medication, OTCs, health supplements like vitamins, minerals, herbal medicine, drinks with caffeine and alcohol, illegal drugs, smoking habits and so on which may increase the effect of Isosorbide Dinitrate.
It may interact with:
It may also interact with blood pressure medications and calcium channel blockers. This is not an exhaustive list though.
Appraise your doctor of any medical conditions that you are suffering from and your family history of medical ailments. It’s important that you do not stop or start taking any medicine without the consent of your physician.
Possible Side Effects
Isosorbide Dinitrate might have some side effects but it’s not possible to anticipate them. It does not have any major side effects and the minor ones that may occur are temporary. In rare cases, there might be major side effects and immediate medical attention must be sought.
Some of the side effects could be nausea, headache, dizziness, flushing and lightheadedness. This is not the complete list though.
In case, there is a change in intensity of side effects or if any new side effects develop, make sure you consult your doctor.
What to ask your doctor before you start on Isosorbide Dinitrate
- Can I take Isosorbide Dinitrate along with other drugs?
- Are there certain foods, beverages and products to be avoided while on Isosorbide Dinitrate?
- What is the dosage of Isosorbide Dinitrate to be consumed?
- How should I use Isosorbide Dinitrate?
- How will Isosorbide Dinitrate work on my body?
- How can the drug interactions and side effects of Isosorbide Dinitrate be minimized or completely avoided?
The health and medical information that we have provided are meant to supplement and not substitute the advice of your physician, pharmacists or other health care professionals. This does not suggest that usage of Isosorbide Dinitrate is safe, appropriate or effective for you. Always ensure that you take this or any other drug only after consulting your physician.