- Amlodipine Besilate–Olmesartan Medoxomil
- Bisoprolol Fumarate
- Perindopril Erbumine
- Power Pill "C"
- Tadalafil Xtenda
What does Losartan treat?
Losartan is a medication that is prescribed to treat high blood pressure or hypertension. This is an Angiotensin Receptor Blocker (ARB). It reduces blood pressure and this works to prevent the occurrence of strokes, heart attacks and kidney problems. Your doctor may use this to treat other conditions as well.
Follow the Losartan dosage prescribed by your physician. The dosage could vary based on individual patient requirements. This can be had with or without food. If you are pregnant or planning to get pregnant, you must inform your doctor. This must not be used during pregnancy as it can harm the unborn baby. Always follow your physician’s instructions or go by the directions on the prescription drug label.
Missed a dose?
Take it immediately once you remember. In case, this time is closer to the next dosage, skip it and get back to the prescribed schedule. Never take a double dose unless specifically instructed by your doctor.
Don’t waste any time and seek immediate medical attention.
Drug interactions must be considered before starting to take any kind of drug. Drug interactions might happen either when Losartan is taken along with another drug or with particular foods. To prevent any kind of negative interaction, make sure you inform your doctor of any drugs you are taking including non-prescription medication, OTCs, health supplements like vitamins, minerals, herbal medicine and so on which may interfere with the effect of Losartan.
It may interact with:
It may also interact with certain non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. This is not an exhaustive list though.
Appraise your doctor of any medical conditions that you are suffering from and your family history of medical ailments. It’s important that you do not stop or start taking any medicine without the consent of your physician.
Possible Side Effects
Drug interactions must be considered before starting to take any kind of drug. Drug interactions might happen either when Losartan is taken along with another drug or with particular foods. To prevent any kind of negative interaction, make sure you inform your doctor of any drugs you are taking including non-prescription medication, OTCs, health supplements like vitamins, minerals, herbal medicine, drinks with caffeine and alcohol, illegal drugs, smoking habits and so on which may increase the effect of Losartan.
Some of the side effects are dizziness, light-headedness, stuffy nose, sore throat, back pain, diarrhea, insomnia, stomach pain and headache. This is not the complete list though.
In case, there is a change in intensity of side effects or if any new side effects develop, make sure you consult your doctor.
Is Losartan a good blood pressure medication?
Losartan over the counter medicine belongs to a group of drugs known as angiotensin II receptor antagonists. It helps in keeping the blood vessels from narrowing that lowers blood pressure and enhances the flow of blood
Losartan without prescription cannot be purchased as it is a medication used to lower blood pressure. It can also help in protecting the kidneys, so it is a good first-line option for people with both conditions like hypertension and diabetes.
Losartan Reviews (Write 3-5 fake reviews)
- Only the side effects that I can notice is ringing in ears and very vivid dreams, not nightmares, just everything seems so real. Maybe I'm sleeping deeper. I am hoping the 50 mgs shall work better or 100 is an option.
- I’ve taken this medicine for 10 + years now. I’m a 61-year-old Lady. Not overweight, but have been consuming BP medicine since I was 44. While taking this medicine, in the 25 MG. I have thought my BP was little high, but my doctor never did. I’ve NEVER had any Bad Side Effects or Bad Reactions while consuming this pill
- I am a 46 yr female, and was recently prescribed losartan 25 mg, after 2 weeks of 10 lisinopril. I'm quite happy with losartan after one week, I have no side effects that I experienced with this medication lisinopril.
Where can I buy Losartan over the counter?
Losartan over the counter is a prescription medication in the US. Losartan without prescription is not available or in other words, one cannot legally buy losartan online or walk into a pharmacy to buy the medication without a prescription.
Can I buy Losartan without a prescription?
Nope, Losartan without prescription is not possible. You cannot buy losartan over the counter in the United States. You might need a prescription from a health care provider, and you will need to fill it at a pharmacy before getting it for the condition.
What to ask your doctor before you start on Losartan
- Can I take Losartan along with other drugs?
- Are there certain foods, beverages and products to be avoided while on Losartan?
- What is the dosage of Losartan to be consumed?
- How should I use Losartan?
- How will Losartan work in my body?
- How can the drug interactions and side effects of Losartan be minimized or completely avoided?
The health and medical information that we have provided are meant to supplement and not substitute the advice of your physician, pharmacists or other health care professionals. This does not suggest that usage of Losartan is safe, appropriate or effective for you. Always ensure that you take this or any other drug only after consulting your physician.