- Acetazolamide 250Mg
- Bimatoprost 0.01% Ophth. Soln. 3Ml
- Bimatoprost 0.03% Eye Drops 3Ml
- Bimatoprost 0.03% Ophth. Soln. 3Ml
- Brimonidine Eye Drops 0.1% 5Ml
- Brimonidine Eye Drops 0.2% 5Ml
- Brimonidine P Eye Drops 0.15% 5Ml
- Dorzolamide 2% Eye Drops 5Ml
- Dorzolamide–Timolol Maleate
- Timolol 0.50% 5Ml Drops
- Travoprost 0.004% 2.5Ml Ophth. Soln.
What is Pilocarpine used for?
Pilocarpine tablet is used to treat dry mouth caused by radiation treatment for head/neck cancer. This medicine is also used to treat dry mouth in patients with Sjogren's syndrome. It belongs to a class of medications called cholinergic agonists. Pilocarpine works by increasing the secretion of saliva in the mouth.
Pilocarpine ophthalmic solution is used to treat glaucoma and other conditions of the eye. By causing constriction of the eye pupil and by draining excess fluid from the eye, Pilocarpine lowers high pressure inside the eyes. This medicine may also be used to treat other conditions as determined by your doctor.
What is the recommended dosage of Pilocarpine?
The dosage of Pilocarpine prescribed to each patient will vary. Always follow your physician’s instructions and/or the directions on the prescription drug label.
Pilocarpine tablet can be taken with or without food.
Before applying Pilocarpine eye drops, wash your hands. Do not let the dropper tip touch your eyes or any other surface.
What if you miss a dose of Pilocarpine?
If your physician has instructed or directed you to use Pilocarpine medication in a regular schedule and you have missed a dose of this medicine, use it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not double the doses unless otherwise directed.
What if you overdose on Pilocarpine?
Any medication taken in excess can have serious consequences. If you suspect an overdose of Pilocarpine, seek medical attention immediately.
What other drugs could interact with Pilocarpine?
It may be noted that drugs other than those listed above may also interact with Pilocarpine.
Usually drug interactions occur when it is taken with another drug or with food. Before you take a medication for a particular ailment, you should inform the health expert about intake of any other medications including non-prescription medications, over-the-counter medicines that may increase the effect of Pilocarpine, and dietary supplements like vitamins, minerals and herbal, so that the doctor can warn you of any possible drug interactions.
Pilocarpine tablet can interact with antihistamines and antidepressants.
Do let your doctor know if you smoke, consume alcohol or caffeinated drinks, or use illegal drugs as these may interfere with the action of your medication. Make sure to inform your doctor of any medical conditions you may have, or any family history of medical problems. Do not start or stop using any medicine without consulting your doctor.
What are the side effects of Pilocarpine?
Like other medicines, Pilocarpine can cause some side effects. If they do occur, the side effects of Pilocarpine are most likely to be minor and temporary. However, some may be serious and may require the individual to inform the doctor or visit the nearest hospital immediately.
It is pertinent to note that side effects of Pilocarpine cannot be anticipated. If any side effects of Pilocarpine develop or change in intensity, the doctor should be informed as soon as possible.
Pilocarpine tablet can cause side effects such as dizziness, changes in vision, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, diarrhea, and stuffy nose.
Pilocarpine ophthalmic solution can cause side effects such as headache, browache, and eye irritation, stinging, or burning. This is not a complete list of all side effects. Do concur with your doctor and follow his directions completely when you are using Pilocarpine.
What are the Alternatives to Pilocarpine Eye Drops?
Cevimeline medicated capsule is usually consumed approx. three times a day; whereas Pilocarpine over the counter is a medication that is to be consumed approx. 4 times a day. As an alternative route, there are also saliva substitutes of Pilocarpine alternative are available as a prescription, which includes Caphosol as an oral solution, Aquoral as a spray, and NeutraSal in a powder form for use.
What Is the Pilocarpine mechanism of action?
Pilocarpine without prescription is used to for the treatment of glaucoma. This is a condition in which enhanced pressure is found in the eye that can lead to gradual loss of vision. Pilocarpine over the counter is in a class of medications known as miotics. This medication works well by allowing excess fluid to drain right from the eye.
What are the Pilocarpine contraindications?
Pilocarpine over the counter medication is well contraindicated in patients with conditions like uncontrolled asthma, which is also known as hypersensitivity to Pilocarpine, and when miosis is undesirable, e.g., in some of the acute iritis and in shall help in narrowing-angle (angle closure) glaucoma like condition.
- Pilocarpine has made a tremendous enhancement to my quality of life, of living with a dry mouth. Dry mouth can actually sound trivial - but when you actually get it, it's a daily misery and in addition to the pain, it can also destroy your teeth. I hence use pilocarpine daily as prescribed by the doctor.
- Pilocarpine worked well for me in the start. It released water into my body in just few minutes of using the 5 mg dosage. I started off with 3 time use a day and now use it approx. 5 times a day starting with consuming two pills first thing in the morning so that I can work out well without any sort of discomfort
- It really is a wonder pill; Pilocarpine really does help in producing saliva for the dry mouth. Just had dental work and saliva helps mouth sores heal fast than any other thing
- I have condition like sjogrens and also have found this Pilocarpine medicine to be a lifesaver. Without this medicine I can barely swallow or talk, the only disadvantage is as it wears off. If I take it 4 x's a day as prescribed I do fairly well to reach my expectations, although I often wake up so dry, I am unable to swallow it, then I must take my next dose as soon as possible
- For dry mouth this is my best tip or highest recommended advice, this works the best: use Pilocarpine tablets, I attach one to the roof of my mouth close to front teeth that shall slowly melt. It works great with NO side effects for me
Where can I buy Pilocarpine over the counter?
Pilocarpine is a prescription medication that is got as a 5 mg tablet, which is to be used approx. three times a day. Pilocarpine over the counter is an effective treatment of dry mouth. The medicine is a prescription medicine and Pilocarpine without prescription is not available.
Can I buy Pilocarpine without a prescription?
Cefadroxil over the counter medication needs a prescription before it can be dispensed by a pharmacy. Currently, Cefadroxil without prescription is not available and one cannot simply order pilocarpine online before consulting a licensed medical provider and attaining a pilocarpine prescription.
What are the questions to ask your doctor before taking Pilocarpine?
Is it possible for me to use Pilocarpine with other drugs?
Should certain beverages, foods and other products be avoided when I use Pilocarpine?
What are the possible drug interactions of Pilocarpine?
How will Pilocarpine work in my body?
How should Pilocarpine be used?
How to reduce the risk of Pilocarpine drug interactions and side effects?
The health and medical information provided here is intended to supplement and not substitute for the expertise and judgment of your physician, pharmacists or other health care professional. It should not be understood to indicate that the use of Pilocarpine is safe, appropriate or effective for you. Always consult your health care professional before using this, or any other, drug.